The 2017 Volkswagen Passat is jam packed with technological features that can add to the comfort, safety and capabilities to drivers. Anyone who lives in Rome, Utica or Manlius would likely love driving about with these features to enhance their experience, especially heated front and rear seats for those frigid Upstate winters. They can read on to learn more and then schedule a demonstration at NYE VW of Rome to see many of these features in person.
Advanced Suspension Tuning and an Exciting Turbo Engine
The 2017 VW Passat boasts the finest German engineering when it comes to its powertrain and suspension. Cornering is made easier with the use of firm yet comfortable suspension tuning that gives up only a touch of body roll to add to driving sensations.
Owners also get the benefit of a powerful, turbocharged 1.8 liter TSI engine, which can create 170 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. They can couple this engine to an advanced six-speed DSG automatic, which can use a Tiptronic manual mode or steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters to always dial in the perfect gear. Those looking for a bit more power can find it in the upgraded 3.6 liter V6, which can produce 280 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque.
The World at Your Fingertips
2017 Passats come standard with Volkswagen’s state-of-the-art MIB II infotainment system. This system intuitively pairs with smartphones through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, even displaying apps through your touchscreen as they would appear on your phone display. Gesture controls like pinch to zoom and swipe to move make this functionality even easier.
The VW Car-Net system links up with satellite data and your smartphone to provide ultimate control over your driving experience. For example, smart phone connectivity lets you see where you parked your car and tells you if you remembered to lock your doors. Inside the Passat, your 5-inch or 6.3-inch touchscreen can connect to bring you traffic reports, weather and even sports scores.
Safety All Around You
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat can come equipped with some of the most advanced active safety features found on the road.
- Blind spot monitoring informs you of vehicles lurking in the area in between where your side and rearview mirrors can see.
- A rearview camera system helps you keep an eye at bumper level when backing up
- Front assist technology notifies you of any incoming obstacles, such as when you close the distance on a vehicle braking in front of you.
- Autonomous emergency braking can engage if you fail to respond to the obstacle in time.
- Lane assist monitors lane position and alerts you when you drift too far outside the center. The vehicle can then steer you back inside your lane if you continue to drift without first putting on a turn signal.
- Rear traffic alert makes backing up less suspenseful, alerting you when vehicles approach.
- Adaptive cruise control uses forward-facing sensors to detect slower cars and slow down accordingly, resuming cruising speed once the obstacle is no longer present.
- Park assist can steer into parallel spaces for you while you operate the gas and the brakes.
- Park Pilot helps you pull out of tight spots with front and rear sensors assisting you.
Come Explore the Volkswagen Passat Technology Today
Rome, Utica and Manlius drivers interested in seeing how the 2017 Volkswagen Passat technology plays out on the road can schedule one for a test drive at NYE VW of Rome today.